Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

Yesterday, at Christmas Eve, we played poker. Yes sir, we played poker. On Christmas Eve. From 7-11. My cousin, A, ran an entire monopoly, swapping money for chips from his huge supply. I kept on shaking my head when this happened, muttering "This had got to be illegal somewhere." Needless to say, I lost horribly. But if you think that's bad, you should hear about the adults. My aunt lost $170, more or less. Probbally more. You can't blame her though, she had no idea how to play since it was her first time. But see, the starting bet was only $10. Aunt kept on piling more money though. My uncle did slightly better. He only lost $60. Being the gambling junkie that he is, he bluffed a lot. Still, he made it out way longer than my aunt. As for me, I lost about $25. Not bad, right? By the way, we were playing Texas Hold'em.

Philosophy of the Holiday: Santa is like God. If you're good, you get presents (heaven). If you're bad, you get coals ( burn in Hell). 

Great analogy, isn't it?
Every year, Christmas is different. One year, we spent it in a ski resort. Another time, we spent it in Church. Last year, we didn't do anything except get Chinese food. This year, I have a feeling we're going to play poker again.

Background Information: Nothing. This doens't go along with a book or anything, it's just how I view the world sometimes
Quote of the Day:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe there's not much hope in the world but there's enough to get by.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think? Too pessimistic?

No comments:

Post a Comment